Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hiking with young Brynn


So while Brynn was very young (think 2 weeks old) we tried very hard to prove that our life hadn't really changed much with the addition of a new baby.  So in that spirit we went out hiking in Oregon Basin one warm summer day.  Sage had Aubrey in the backpack and I had little Brynn in the front pack.  It was actually pretty fun!


This is Sage and Aubrey showing how strong they are while in front of a picturesque scene.  Picturesque for Wyoming that is. :)


Brynn spent the hike sleeping and covered with a blanket against the sun and wind.  She was pretty good as long as we kept moving.  This is not my best picture but it was the only shot we got of Brynn so I'm going to sacrifice and let it in.



Just as we were starting off Sage slipped down a little hill and he leaned back and landed on his hands because he was worried about Aubrey falling out or getting her feet crushed.  His act of heroism earned him some pretty good scrapes.  They bled and stung the whole time but he didn't want to go back just as we got started so we hiked the whole time before we dealt with them.  He's a good daddy!


This was as close to a family picture as we could get with Aubrey as tired and distracted as she was and Sage taking the picture.  So all in all it was a fun trip even though it originated in denial.  Our lives HAVE changed a lot with little Brynn's arrival but I think in some respects babies are only as limiting as you let them be.  They are resilient little people and you can do a lot more than you think with them, as Sage tells me all the time. :)


2 comments:

  1. You and Dawn are such inspirations! In my family rec class they always talked about how pre-school age kids are the hardest to recreate with, but you guys just go for it! I hope to be as active as you with little kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is inspiration for me as well. Bryan and I totally just become hermits after Camilla was born and I think that is why I remember those first few weeks so un-fondly! The next time we have a kid, we're still going to live our lives.

    ReplyDelete