Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blanket

      Yes, it is the last day of the month again and so to keep up with my goal, I am blogging again.  This time it is about my new baby's blanket.  I crocheted a blanket for Aubrey when she was a baby, but I started before she was born and didn't finish completely until after she was a couple of months old.  So this time around I made goal (I was very into goal making this New Years) to finish this blanket within two months.  We found out we were having a girl on January 3 and I picked out colors and pattern a few days after that so I wanted to have it finished by the end of February.  And I'm done!  Well I have to weave in the loose ends, but all the major work is done.  Here it is!

      It was very difficult to finish it actually because right as I was about to finish the last dark pink section yesterday, I ran out of yarn.  I had to go out and buy a whole skein of the stuff just to use 3 feet of it.  It rankles my frugal soul because I don't know what I'm going to do with the rest of it.  Then as I was finishing the last light pink section tonight, I ran out of that yarn as well!  I wasn't going to go out with a toddler in the freezing weather in the dark to buy ANOTHER skein of yarn that I only needed a tiny bit of so I started looking around.  I ended up stealing the little yarn I needed from the small sample I had made up at the beginning to make sure I liked the pattern and the colors.  So after way more stress than I expected, I finished the blanket today and made my goal!

      And because she is just too cute, here is a picture of what happens when Aubrey helps me make cookies. 

3 comments:

  1. Girl -- my frugal soul feels for you -- my homebody souls feels for you too-- who wants to go out when you don't have to?! :) Also -- AUBREY is the sweetest! I can't get over how long her hair is -- is there a hair cut in her future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented. It boggles my mind that you can create these beautiful blankets. You will have to give me a lesson sometime. Also, Aubrey is so so sweet. Adorable, more pictures PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed by the blanket. It really looks professional.

    ReplyDelete